i have a rash mostly on my belly & legs & im 5 months prego

im 5 months prego & do have eczema but i havent had a bad break out in years im not sure if thats what it is or if i should be worryed

redivy

Asked by redivy at 2:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It might be PUPPs, which can happen while pregnant. Only cure is to give birth. Vitamin E oils or lotions could help relieve the itching, even oatmeal baths.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• its probly because your pregnant because my face got bad when i got pregnant
    joedev

Answer by joedev at 2:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I have a spot on my leg that itched like crazy while I was pregnant. It had bumps, and never stopped... drive me crazy! Now it gets a little itchy before my period. I think it has something to do with hormones.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 9:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• First thing you need to do is consult your OB to make sure it isn't something more serious than a simply itchy rash. If you already have excezma have you ever tried the light blue cap of Aveeno lotion? That is what Dermatology told us to use twice daily on my g/s who has horrible breakouts. This lotion helps reduce his number of breakouts. Just a thought.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• If it's really itchy it's probally puppps. If it is I feel for you. I got it at 33 weeks and have had it since. But It usually won't go away until you give birth IF it is puppps.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I had a crazy rash on my back and chest when I was about that far. Try taking some Benedryl and rubbing Benedryl lotion on it. If that doesn't work the doc may try a steroid shot. I didn't have to go that far. The Benedryl helped and it cleared up about six weeks later.
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Get your doc to prescribe you some Zyrtec, it is GREAT for rash
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It could be PUPPs. I had it really bad during my last trimester. The rash was all over my stomach, arms, and legs.. and itched like crazy! My doctor gave me some benadryl and calamine lotion.. and told me to use aveeno lotion or eucerin. After that the rash didn't bother me at all.
    lmybo

Answer by lmybo at 1:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2008