really TMI... but a real question

my cervix feels flat on the inside. i am 26 weeks almost and its flat it used to be pointed and stick out but not anymore not the last couple days.. is this bad i have been having cramps and called my doc she said everything was ok but i still am having cramps and you know the cervix thing... just wanna know if its normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• how do you know your cervix is flat? have you stuck your hand up there and felt? or do you mean your stomach is feeling flat and not showing as much as before? thats your uterus where the baby is and that happens sometimes.. sometimes if the baby is laying far back i just look kinda chunky and not pregnant. its normal.
    Anonymous

• I would think that it is your cervix changing for labor and all... but you are still early, so I would tell your doctor everything you feel and that you want her to check you. You can't really be too safe if your cervix is changing... not to scare you, but my curiosity got to me and I was researching 2nd trimester miscarriages and cervix changes could be a sign.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• If you are talking about your actual cervix and you stuck your hand inside to feel it you could be doing a lot more harm then good. However if you are saying your tummy looks flatter then it is fine the baby could be just farther back then normal.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• im the original poster.....ok not my hand inside me it wouldnt fit.. but my vagina is not deep at all and how can it do more harm then good my husband said it felt different and i decided i wanted to know what he meant and yes it is diferent
    Anonymous

• it really isn't any different than your doctor feeling... But it does introduce bacteria to your vagina, just like when your doctor does a vaginal exam. I would still suggest you talk to your doctor about the change in your cervix combined with the cramping. Has the cramping stopped?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• The baby probably just moved to the back of the womb making your stomah feel flat... If your doctor says its okay... it probably is. But if you're really worried... go to the OB and have them check for a heartbeat. They won't tell you no, and you'll feel better.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 8:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• You vagina gets shallower as your pregnancy progresses (the cervix gets lower). It's normal. If you're not feeling okay about this, have your doctor check it at your next appointment.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2008