HELP WITH FEVER

MY SON IS 61/2 MONTHS OLD HE HAS HAD A FEVER OFF AND ON FOE THREE DAYS NOW WE TOOK HIM TO ER THEY DID AN X RAY ON HIS CHEST AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE NOTHING IN HIS LUNGS AND HIS UTI CAME BACK NEG. SO WHATS UP WITH THE FEVER, WE GIVE HIM MOTRIN AND AFTER IT WERES OF HIS FEVER COMES BACK. IS HE ABOUT TO CUT A TOOTH? I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING IN HIS MOUNTH AND SOME DOCTORS STATED THAT A FEVER IS NOT A SIGN OF TEETHING AND SOME SAY THAT IT IS.

mellanie1998

Asked by mellanie1998 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Chill out mama. :) The fever is the body's way of killing whatever buggies are in his body, so let it do it's thing. If it doesn't get too terribly high, don't try to bring it down. You are only prolonging the healing. Good luck!

Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• You do need to keep the fever down. I didn't see anywhere that the doctors checked his ears.Is he cranky? One of my daughters had a fever teething and the other didn't. High in a baby is about 101 and thats really not that bad. If he keeps running a fever take him back. Don't put a lot of clothes on him either, let the heat escape.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Could be a virus... an you just have to let it run it's coarse. If he otherwise is fine I wouldn't worry about it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2008