Do you play songs to your baby in the womb?

With my little girl I have been playing "Sugar, Sugar" by the Archies and "Sweet Pea" by Tommy Roe. She boogies pretty good to "Sugar, Sugar"

I am just wondering if you play music to your baby and if you do, what do you play?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 5:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Lol my baby liked party like a rockstar... her uncle had it as a ringer... and now she loves that song... it doesn't calm her though... it gets her excited. She likes music in general though... I listen to a lot so thats probably why.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 8:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I did not play music however I did read stories to all my babies. Now they all love to read.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• "ladies and gentelmen" by:slava...
    they loved it for some odd reason and still do.

oh yeah talk about head bangers
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It is kind of funny because I did not play directly to the womb but played music in the car...One kid would calm down to certain spanish music....then another would calm down to Johnny Cash and my youngest would be soothed by Elvis....one out of four (my second born) nothing helped.
    AnaBaumgartner

Answer by AnaBaumgartner at 5:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• yeah i plad so much for my daughter when she was insde me!! an the things she reacted to more i played for her! an i sang to an i think its a great tool for them
    Ms_Beatrice

Answer by Ms_Beatrice at 5:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i also read the bible to her so it was great
    Ms_Beatrice

Answer by Ms_Beatrice at 5:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I played classical stuff, my son really like Ave Maria.
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 7:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Nope. I feel like an idiot honestly.
    I dont talk to my belly or anything, SO doesnt either. But i rub my belly and play with him. But I honestly dont think playing music makes them smarter. I plan on reading to him after he is born. But he hears my loud music in the car and he likes the loud, when I am quiet and still he stirs.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2008