how to stop tantrums a toddler throughs?

when my 2 year old dont get his way he kicks his feet and gets so mad how do i stop that

joedev

Asked by joedev at 2:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my son or daughter do this, I pick them up and take them to their room. I sit them on the bed or the floor, and I tell them to throw their fit inside their room. I dont shut the door and I tell them when they are done acting that way, they can come out of their room. By doing this, I am making it very clear that their behavior isnt acceptable, and when they are ready to join the rest of us, they can come out.... This works very well for us.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 3:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I PUT MY SON IN HIS ROOM AND SHUT THE DOOR AND LET HIM SIT IN THERE UNTIL HE STOPS HE DOESNT REALLY THROW TO MANY TANTRUMS ANYMORE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I do the same! It works. Now all I have to do is tell them to go to their room, and magically, the fit stops.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 9:22 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I walk away. I totally ignore tantrums. IT WORKS. You must be consistant. When the tantrum is finished I tell them I will never listen to you when you behave that way. It is inappropriate.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:59 AM on Jul. 14, 2008