Where in the Bible...

does Jesus say that if you do not believe in him and accept him as your savior you are going to hell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mark 16:16 He that beliveth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damed.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 6:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• The book of John.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Do you know what verses?
    Anonymous

• we are having a debate...lol
    Anonymous

• He said No one comes to the Father except through HIm. So that stuff about many religions leading to the same God CANNOT be true.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 6:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Yeah, except Jesus said many times, "My Father in Heaven says..."

Which leads me to believe that the true path to Heaven is not through Jesus but through God. Jesus very rarely, if ever, claimed to be God - not in the sense that the "church" played it off as. Jesus is God, and so are we, we are all connected. God is all that is.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• The Bible was written and written and written again by HAND - not by typewritter, not by computer - by HAND, which leads me to understand why certain words were considered irrelevant and omitted by the writters - who were most likely "tired of writting them". How many times can you write that Jesus specifically said "God said..."? Obviously if He usually started his talks with "My Father in Heaven..." it would lead me to believe that He said that more often then, "I say..."
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• John 14:6 NIV
    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• 1 Thessalonians 5:9 NIV
    For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Read all of John 3 :) also Luke 16:19-26, Matthew 13:36-43, Matthew 25:31-46
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 8:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2008