EBF on a schedule?

Has anyone done this? Does it help regulate your supply? My baby wants to nurse constantly. I'm afraid he isn't giving me enough time to produce a good amount of milk between feedings. He nurses for HOURS and screams and cries if I take him off. When I do get a break it is for 10 minutes or less.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The more he nurses the more milk you produce how old is he?

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It's best to nurse on demand. The more he suckles, it sends signals to produce. You are never truly empty. Milk is constantly being produced, even while nursing.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Sometimes babys will eat constantly to help build your supply. But sometimes they like to use mommy as a pacifier too. Is he content to suck a pacifier or finger? Try that... if not... let him nurse, he might still be hungry.
    If it seems you have a supply issue make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids and maybe start a supplement like fenugreek and see if it helps.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2008