breastfeeding

well with my first son i didnt breastfeed i wanted to but i was 19 and really didnt know how it would go. my 1st son had alot of colds i dont know if that had anything to do with it and he was born in the winter time. well i am due with another baby in aug and i really would like to try to breastfeed. what do yall think has anyone been in that way before is it wrong to breastfeed one and not the other.

Wyattsmom205

Asked by Wyattsmom205 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I bf both, and there is nothing wrong with not doing that for your first and doing it for your second! Go ahead and give it a try :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• There is never anything wrong with breastfeeding. You can find a lot of good groups here, as well as some not so great groups. Breastfeeding does help with your child's immunity, so that would help with the colds and such.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• You can get started educating yourself on breastfeeding. Read books and go to La Leche League classes if you'd like. Best of luck.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 7:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I didn't breastfeed my daughter and she was healthy as can be... and a very fast growing baby lol. My b/f and I have talked about having another and breastfeeding the next has crossed my mind. I don't think its wrong to do one and not the other. I was 19 when I had my daughter to... and I was a busy body... breastfeeding just did not fit in to my life style because I wasnt comfortable being in public and doing that. Do whatever you feel comfortable with :)
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 8:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• What you did wiht the first has ABSOLUTELY no bearing on what you do with the other. Not in infancy. Nursing your new baby will be a wonderful gift for him.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I would certainly encourage you to breastfeed this one. You can't change that you didn't nurse your first. I'm sure you know that breastfeeding is best, but do whatever feels right to you.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:35 AM on Dec. 21, 2008