How much is fair?

So my sons father DOESN'T want to deal with courts, and to be honest I dont either!
(Mainly because he doesnt have ANY custody at the moment and I like it that way)
But beyond that now it's time to talk about child support. He buys diapers here and there and some formula, but thats not enough. I live with my parents at the moment and also plan to move out asap! He is pretty well off so a couple hundren wont even hurt him. I want to know how much other moms get for child support and what is fair to ask of him. Or if I even have to be fair =]

xandersmama22

Asked by xandersmama22 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• Go to court. The judge makes this determination based on your bills and his income. Everyone gets different amounts. It wouldn't be easy to come up with a fair amount for your situation based on what other mom's get.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It is based on his income .He has to fill out a expense report meaning how much he pays rent,car,ins etc and then they come at an amont .It is not based on what other moms get.
    Anonymous

• Ok but TECHNICALLY he doesnt make anything.

Everything he does is "Off the record"

So I wont get anything!
    xandersmama22

Answer by xandersmama22 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I would say he buys all formula and diapers... we spend about 90 on formula a month and 60 on diapers. And if you need child care so you can get a job or work he should help with that. That sounds fair. And he needs to give you breaks so you can get stuff done.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 1:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2008