wen should you stop swallding?

i've been swallding my daughter since she was first born...shes now 3 months...and i wanted to know wen everyone stopped swallding there babies. someone told me that your suppose to stop at a month but it seems that my daughter sleeps longer wen shes swallded. idk what to do.

Simply-blissful

Asked by Simply-blissful at 6:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well my son was born in the winter time and we lived in a older house that was kinda drafty so we done it i guess til march or april when it started warming up. if it helps her then why not just make sure that she is not getting to hot
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My middle son was our swaddle boy. He stayed swaddled til he was probably around 5 mths. Once he started moving around more I started loosening the swaddle. Eventually got to where I just laid the blanket over him and he didnt fuss(I loosened it more and more every day or two).

You do what you feel is right by your little one. You know best but once they are maneuvering out of it....Id say you can stop LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My son doesn't stay asleep unless he's swaddled. He's 4 1/2 months! We'll stop when he no longer fits the blanket lol. Or when he wants to!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I wouldn't worry too much about it. Neither of my kids liked to be swaddled. But I think that most babies stop wanting to be swaddled eventually. Mostly when they start really moving. Stop doing it, or begin to stop, when you feel your baby is ready. This is one of those things where it's different for every child and mother knows best.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• We still swaddle at 5 months. If we don't his hands go crazy and wake him up.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• what the heck is swaddling? sorry new word for me...
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• whatever works for your baby... we swaddled abel until he was 6.5months old... my mom actually made me swaddle blankets out of sheets for me to fit him! i would have swaddled him longer, but i found him swaddled on his stomach one time.... clearly it was not safe for him to be swaddled any longer... if he couldn't breath, his arms wouldn't have been free to help move him. i'm still trying to figure out how he was able to roll while being swaddled! :) do what works for your baby... and not what anyone else tells you...
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Haha I wished my daughter would of let me swaddle her I tried to she did not like it at all she loved to be free
    AariyanaElene

Answer by AariyanaElene at 12:57 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My daughter was nearly a year old when we stopped with her. I don't remember when the others stopped, but I"m sure it went nearly as long. She still likes to be tightly tucked in.
    Anonymous