Does anyone know a reason for uncontrolable shivering?

Aside from being cold, of course. My little guy (15 months) has been waking up every 3 hours this evening shivering like crazy. It is warm in our house though and I have him in long pants, socks, and a sweatshirt. He had a fever yesterday, but when I first caught it, it was only 101 and went down from there when I started medicating it. If this keeps up into the morning we are calling the doctor. :o(

supershlea

Asked by supershlea at 3:49 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Health

• check him EVERYWHERE for bug or spider bites, something as small as a mesquito ite can cause and adverse reaction. and of course to the parental frekout thing and take your kid to the doctor. i know i did! i know id rather be told i was worrying for no reeason then find out later that i just blew off something serious
    Miss_Yoshie

Answer by Miss_Yoshie at 10:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I SHIVER BUT NOT UNCONTROLABLEY IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE TO BE COLD AND IM 20 BUT FROM THE WAY YOUR SAYING IT I WOULD CALL THE DOC IF HE HAS A FEVER
    SARAH20

Answer by SARAH20 at 3:59 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Take and give him a bath. If it is warm in the house take some of the cothes off him and just a diapper wrap him up in a blanket hold him the boddy heat will keep him warm and the just haven the blanket will let him not get to hot. You holding him will help you understand if it is b\c he is not sleeping good enough or if it is the cold call dr as well if does not change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I bet he just needs more fluids and fuel try that I once had that problem and to sometimes has to do with the blood sugar level. Since he was recently sick that can easily happen. I will say a prayer for ya'll.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 12:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2008