what would you do? i just want some opinions and advice TMI SOrry

i went to L&D 2 days ago because i was having contractions and they ended up giving me a shot to stop them and i was half a centimeter dilated...

Well today my stomach has been tensing up a LOT...i have light cramps (VERY light) but they are there and i feel like i would if i was going to start my period...
With the light cramping lower back aching and diarrhea

but its not as bad as it was the other day when i went to L&D...
im going to call my dr, but what would you do? they said to only go back if i REALLY need to...

advice? or just ease my mind? thanks ladies

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 6:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well i wouldn't worry bout it to bad if there light and not hurting that bad only go in if it gets worse
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I was just thinking about you and how you were doing.........I really dont know what to tell you you have to be cautious about everything now because you were having contractions so early. They will probably tell you to go back and get checked out and I think you should to.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i would go my dr was tired of seeing me after all we went though with my 1st be on the safe side and give them a call good luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Try drinking lots of fluids and lay on your left side for a bit. If they are Braxton-Hicks, they will go away. If they get worse, I would go in. I had Braxton-Hicks from 4 months pregnant till the very end. I didn't know I was actually in labor till they stayed consistent at 4 minutes apart and I had worsening back pain. GL!
    BradysMom932

Answer by BradysMom932 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• they have been real contractions since the other day before i even went to L&D...

a bath doesnt make them go away and either do changing positions they just arent as bad as they were the other day
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i have the same problem and i got the shot thing to
    my doc says its just braxton hicks
    and that if it was really contractions i would know
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I would say you should go in. contractions are contractions. You are only 30ish weeks? I forget how many sorry... but you don't want to have the baby yet right? Sorry not much help, but best of luck!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I have been having them all day to but they are not consistent yet they are close but not CLOSE so I havent gone yet. But I havent had any problems yet so I m not really worried. But you should go just to make sure.

And I hate it when people say to try a bath or tylenol or lay on your side its not like you didnt try all those things before you asked for help.I even get mad with the Dr.s when they do it just gets me. I know they are just ttrying to help and give suggestions but still maybe its just me.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 7:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• no i know what you mean... i know they arent braxton hicks, my dr even said they arent. lol and i have tried everything

and yeah im 8 months yesterday
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Yeah I'll be 36weeks monday. I have been through this twice though so I know what to expect and when to worry most the time. This is your first. You are scared and worried about your baby girl. Have you talked to your Dr yet?
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 7:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2008