who hates when someone mispronouces there childs name?

i do it happens all the time my dd name is pronounced cure as in a cure for something and ends in stin but we spell it kurstin

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i am sorry i would so mispronouce it if you didnt say it 1st.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I know what you mean My sons name is Christian... And everyone says it kristen like a girls name and i hate it... I love ur daughter name that is really pretty and i havent seen it spelled that way before
    Anonymous

• So it's like Cure-Stin? I would see how it might be annoying when people constantly mispronounce the name but you can't expect them to getting right just by seeing it because it's spelled exactly like the name Ker-Stin.
    Anonymous

• My daughter's last name is Villanueva and ppl screw it up Big time~
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Nobody has mispronounced our kids names, ever. That is one reason why we chose traditional names with traditional spellings.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Ohhh I can just see how horrible it's going to be with my daughter. Her name is Jossalyn.

I wonder how many "Joshalyn"'s she's going to get *facepalm*

My grandma can't pronounce her name, I feel bad for her lol. She actually says Joshalyn. I said she could just say Joss, since that's her nickname and that's what we're going to call her most of the time anyway. But my grandma can't even say that, she still says Josh.

Thing is, I have a cousin named Joshua. So I don't think it's going to change. She'll just be 'Josh' to my grandma LMAO!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• lol my doughters name is Kiersten but people call her cur-sten just like the OP but we ment kier-sten...
    sunkist78

Answer by sunkist78 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I thought my kids have average names the first three are simple Jason, Alex, and Gabby but, my youngest's name is Evie short for Evelyn not nickname for Eve but, people steadly call her the Eve one it drives her crazy. She is only 2 but, she has learned to just tell people that her name is Evie.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• my kids names are easy to pronounce, but everybody alwasy misspells them
    oldest is alexZander - everybody leaves out the z
    next is katelynn - always spelled katliyn or something like that
    thne there is conner - everybody always puts another "o" instead of an "e"
    and last is samantha - couldn't think of a way to screw that up on her birth certificate
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 7:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I was so glad when I got married to a man with an average name I went from Cossey which got butchered on a regular basis to Sanders.
    Anonymous