if you dont drop

jsut a question im only 30 weeks (i turn 31 weeks tomorrow)
but if you dont drop do u end up getting a c-section and if u do does it hurt really bad???

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no you dont end up getting one...
    Anonymous

• my cuz dropped and some how the baby went up again but when they induced her the baby finally came back down if it hadn't she would of had to have a c section
    Anonymous

• i was just wondering cuz u all ways hear people say
    "i did not drop and had to get a c-section"
    so ya im worried
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Not aways they can drop when you go into labor. but if you do end up with a c-section it doesnt hurt that bad until you get home, and listen to them when they tell you to take it easy and not do to much.
    Anonymous

• The baby dropping has nothing to do with a c-section. What happens when the baby drops, it causes you to dilate. I didn't drop until I was actually in labor. Sometimes it just takes a little time. Doctors like to keep schedules :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My baby has dropped and gone back up more than once. She can't make up her damn mind about where she wants to be, lmao.

I'm 40 weeks. I'll let you know if I end up with a c-section or not =] I hope NOT though, aaaack.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I didnt drop with either of mine and didnt dilate and got a c-section but that wasnt the only reason. Like I said you could when you g into labor. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• Oh and the baby tends not to drop until you are almost 40 weeks, around 36-39 depending on your body... unless you don't drop early, like me. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• With my 3 yr old daughter I was in labor for 19 hours and ended up getting a csection because she wasnt descending into the pelvic area. She was in the pelvic area and then decided to move back up. The Drs were afraid that if my water broke then her cord would come out first resulting in an emergency csection...so instead of taking that chance they took me csection before it could happen. I am currently almost 31 weeks and am going to be trying for a vbac this time.
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My doctor told me some girls drop and some don't... I never did. And I went 8 days before my due date. It doesn't decided whether or not you have a c-section or anything like that. Its just something that happens or doesn't.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 8:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2008