stage 1

why has my pedi told me not to give any meats until 6 months i think she said ...when at 4 months im introducing stage 1 baby foods and they have one that is chicken with chicken broth...just curious

falanlee

Asked by falanlee at 7:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i didnt even know they had stage 1 meats. we just moved to stage 2 & thats the first i saw of anything w/ meat...but they are in the stage 1 size jars. check the label just to make sure it really is stage 1.
    i was unsure about meat baby food too. id wait to introduce meat till you've introduced all the other stage 1 foods. if you follow the "5 days between each food" method your baby will be almost 6 months old by the time you get thru the veggies & fruits.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I only gave my kids real meat, not baby food meat. The baby food meat tastes nothing like meat and when they finally do get real meat they won't like it as much. At least that's what I was told. I think they were both about a year when we gave them meat.

It's all good. Follow your instincts and do research.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I rarely ever gave my DD baby food from a jar. It is so much more nutritious to make your own!!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I also have never seen stage 1 with meat. We have(stage 1)-squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, pears...only single fruits and vegetables. I would go through the fruits and veggies before trying the meat!
    EKZACHARIAS

Answer by EKZACHARIAS at 9:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• ya they have a meat one in the beach nut brand. I usually use Gerber but my dad bought these for me and it was included in teh variety pack- i found it weird to see that.anyways im not giving her meats yet i was just curious
    falanlee

Answer by falanlee at 11:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2008