what do you think about a natural at home water birth

redivy

Asked by redivy at 4:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would feel safer in hospital water birth then at home but with me I have done the dr. hosoital and comfortable with my decdion. Do what you are comfortable with.
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 7:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• It is not for me. I think the hospital is safer. I used a midwife, at a birthing center in the hospital. They had spa tubs and all kinds of natural things. I felt safe knowing if there was a problem I'd be whisked to help within seconds.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I would love to do a water birth BUT i would want it at a hospital but i cant do it cuz im a big baby and i cant stand too much pain so i need a epi and you cant have both....good luck though
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I think it is amazing. I had my son in a natural birthing center and I labored in a tub, but didn't birth in it. If I have anymore children, I will definately birth at home. I didn't have the money for a home birth. I also had no idea what to expect then. Good luck!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 1:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I had #3 at home with a mid-wife. Hubby and I considered a water birth, but after watching some videos we decided it was not for us.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 4:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Please consider at least going to a birthing center!So many things can go wrong at home at the hospital as well, but at least at the hospital/birthing center they are prepared for it! Even if you had babies before with normal pregnancy anddeliveries so much can happeen!!
    jorbear

Answer by jorbear at 10:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Having one in January and cannot wait. There are so many misconceptions about home births, it is really sad. Midwives are prepared for complications, they have equipment and methods to deal with them. And if a transfer is needed, then they know how to keep things stable until you reach the hospital.
    Home births are really quite safe.
    Anyways, I think they are great and cannot wait to have mine in January. This is the first time I have ever actually been excited about giving birth. My first I was so unsure of everything that was going on, my second I was so afraid of the same junk repeating itself at the hospital. Now, with a home birth, I am more confident that the outcome will be much more positive than my horrible hospital experiences.
    iamhis0

Answer by iamhis0 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2008