Books?

Does anyone know how to sign up to review books for publishers? I heard that they'll send you a copy of their book to keep for free as long as you read it right away and post a review for it. Is this true? Where do I sign up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I want to know too. That sounds like fun.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 7:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• go to thomasnelson.com
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• If you find out how let me know! I looked at thomasnelson.com but that seems to be all christian books and I'm not christian. But I would love to do reviews for other books.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• ooh! you actually get free book jsut for reading them?
    tell me where to sign up, please!
    i love to read
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 9:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I'm signed up to do that but it isn't just as easy as saying you want to read one. Every month they e-mail me a list of books they will be publishing that they think I might like. Then if I want to review it I have to email them through their site with a note on why I think I would be a good reviewer or why I want to read the book. Then they choose who they want to read the book, send you a copy and you have so much time to get your review to them. It doesn't mean I'll actually get the book, though. I haven't actually tried to get an advanced copy yet because none have really interested me and I haven't had time to read.

I go through Harper Collins.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• You can also look into review sites. There are different ones for different genres and you may have better luck with those. Not sure about advanced copies either, but each contact could let you know about their policy.
    Anonymous

• This is so good to know.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2008