How far in advance without them getting stale?

I am making Christmas cookies and candies this year, well I usually make them but always on Christmas Eve so that they are fresh. Well, this year I have alot going on this week and was thinking about making them tomorrow. I don't want them to get nasty and taste bad though. So is there any advice on how far in advance I can make these without them getting stale or gross? I am making thumbprints, almond cresents, sugar cookies, peanut butter cookies, spice cookies, buckeyes, and these candies that are only white chocolate, pecans, and pretzels mixed together. Any advice???..........Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Holidays

• For the cookies....put a slice of white bread in your containers with the cookies. I don't know how it works, but the white bread keeps the cookies fresh and moist. When your bread gets hard, replace it. My mom has always done this, my grandmother has always done it, and it really does work.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• the vacume ziplock bag
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• As long as you're putting them inside something else to seal them, then they should keep for awhile without going stale. We just use tins or ziplock bags and ours are never stale.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I always store mine in wax-paper lined metal cookie boxes, or those plastic storage boxes made by Glad. I always put the buckeyes and fudge in the refrigerator to keep it from melting. If you're making them tomorrow, they'll be very fresh even by Christmas day.I am baking tomorrow, too, and storing them in the ways i listed. Have fun!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 8:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• You can just use ziplock bags and they'll still be fine by christmas.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 8:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• A couple weeks with good storage. You could refrigerate if you were worried. But I made some cookies yesterday and they'll be fine sitting on the countertop in air-tight containers until New Years anyway.

Answer by Bmat at 8:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Aprilmorgans, this is OP- You have fun as well!...lol
    To all thanks a bunch! I think I will store the candies in the refrigerator like recommended, and the other cookies I will try the wax paper, metal tin method!
    Happy Holidays to all!!
    **If anyone has any other tips I love all the tips that I can get...heehee!
    Anonymous

• My aunt always pops them in the freezer and they still come out great.
    Anonymous

• Freeze them?
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

Does it have to be white bread? or will any bread work?
    Anonymous