Need a little Honesty For my DD name

She will be here the 29th R-C-section*

I am nervous as heck as you all might imagine,
I am once again thinking about DD's name,
This will be our last child we have an Alexis ......My grandmother named her,
She passed away, Well i wanted to name our last daughter myself me and hubby had called her bella ever since we knew we were having a little girl,
Isabella Annalise, is what we honestly want to name her, others in my family frown about the name,
My brother whom is dying of cancer wants me to name her Emily Lynn its cute too
I feel kind of stupid for not wanting to go with his name because he is passing,
But i want to name our last child i mean i never have named my children,
am i in the wrong?? should i name her what he says?
or should i stick with bella?

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 8:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I Love Isabella Annalise. I am partial to Annalise--my DD's name. It is very beautiful. If you like then use it. Don't worry about what anybody else thinks.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I think Isabella Annalise is a BEAUTIFUL name!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• What about Isabella Emily Lynn... you get to do both then? Just a thought. It sounds good :)
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 8:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I know when my cousin was having the same problem she just put the names together. Everyone who wanted to contribute into naming her daughter was able to do so. Even though she has 2 middle names it worked well.
    Day713

Answer by Day713 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• its ur baby u choose the name
    my little girls name is gonna be kaileana (k-lee-anna)
    not very many people like it but i do and thats all that matters
    if they have ap roblem with it tell them its ur kid and u name her wut u want
    now if u really feel like nameing her wut ur brother wants then name her that
    just choose wut ever name u want and wont regret naming her
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• What kind of person tells you what to name your baby? I mean I could see them telling you what they prefer but that is really sellfish of them putting that burden on your shoulders. Go with what you like. It is your child, who god willing will be with you for the rest of YOUR life. Listen to your gut.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 8:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I like both names. I'd say to honor your brother, then it would be reasonable to somehow work his name into her name. Not his preference or suggestion, but his own name. The two middle name idea, for example, one of the middle names being his first or middle name or a feminine form of it. Or change the Annalise to your brother's name or a form of it.

Answer by Bmat at 8:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Name your child what you want. Your brother will understand. And it does not change the importance of him to you or your child. He may pout depending on his personality but stay strong because that child will have the name for all of her life.
    Emily Lynn is honeslty not cute to me. It is just way too common! Be strong and name your child your name. You have already connected the baby to the name, and you have to just be strong.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I say it's *your* baby, you should name her the name you want.
    That said, with the current popularity of the Twilight series, Isabella is a very very popular name right now. I think it may have been the top girl's name of 2008 according to Parents.com.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 10:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I let my mom talk me into choosing a name for one of my daughters I didn't even like. I have regretted it ever since, and she just turned 10 years old! This is your child, go with what you want.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 10:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2008