Do you let your significant other have female friends?

My bf and I have been together for a while now. Ever since we have been together he has had female friends. I don't like it. I don't understand why he feels he needs a female friend. When I talk to him about it, he says that I am being dramatic and that he isn't doing anything with these girls. He is even friends with two of his ex girlfriends. Am I being dramatic or is he in the wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• mine has a few that he has met through his car club since we have been together. He doesn't go and hang out or call them all the time. I think that it may just be little bit of jealousy. I wouldn't worry about it unless he has given you a reason to distrust him. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• he has 2 i let him hang out with...a girl he use to work with..and our ex gf.
    i trust him and he trust me.
    i have male friends
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I am friends with my ex and my hubby is fine with it as long as I don't spend time alone with him. I actually think you should trust him more. If he hasn't given you a reason to think there's anything else going on in their friendship then you really have nothing to worry about now. I've know some guys that told me they got so tired of their girlfriend's jealousy they either broke it off or cheated. Maybe you should tell him that you want him to limit how much they get to spend time with each other. Better yet, ask him if it's ok for you to hang out with them also. If he seems to really want to avoid you meeting his female friends, then there is definitely something going on. Good luck!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 8:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• one of my hubbys best friends (in this town) is a female
    and actually he has made a lot more female friends here than male friends
    i dont mind it at all, cause i trust him completely
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 8:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Yes. I trust him.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My fiance has a few female friends. I do not mind. In the past, I have had my jealous moments though. I understand why he stays in touch with these female friends and they are nice. Once I got to know them a little better I did not mind so much.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Is it different if he says that he doesn't want me having any male friends?
    Anonymous

• i think it's fine but husband does and his ex's came to our wedding cause they are his friends. i like them both and he has other GF that i haven't met. i think you are being over dramatic. i trust my husband if he wanted to be with them he would of been but he chose me. your just insecure.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My husband has a good female friend, but she lives out of state. Doesn't bother me at all. Even if he had a female friend close by, I wouldn't mind. I trust him and am not insecure about our relationship.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• From all the answers, I guess I am insecure.
    Anonymous