Giving birth and tricare

Is it true my dh has a say so whos in the room when i give birth? I want my sister and mom with me but he dosent like my family for some odd reason. I dont want him to be able to control the situation. He is not a very supportive person abd i need them there for support.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure, if you have the baby at a military hospital maybe. I know when I was there, not giving birth but sick during pregnancy, I had the say so. But if your husband is not supportive for you at this time of need, you won't last long in this marriage. I have been married to a military man for 7 years with two children, he never changed and thought he was my salvation and could act as he pleases while keeping me far from my family because they didn't like him...sorry for running my mouth, but I guess been there done that, if you want your family there, then demand it!
    LadyLotus

Answer by LadyLotus at 11:44 AM on Jul. 31, 2011

• No, YOU can choose who you want.
    You might prefer to birth in a birthing center or even at home for better control, though.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• i had my mom, aunt, babys father and my dad. your day u should be able to pick.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2011