what do you girls do for depression?Meds are noyt working.

Meds are not working what do you do to help depression?

beauswife4

Asked by beauswife4 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Health

• I try to get away like go to the store and just browse around but don't buy if you have the money then get it it will make you feel alot better. :)
    But don't spend too much than you will feel guilty. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I exercise. It always helps pull me out of a funk. You may need to go back to the doc and try a different med. They can take up to 6 week to really start to feel the true effects. Find a good friend to confide that also helps. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I go to the gym
    determind

Answer by determind at 9:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I definitely agree with exercising. Even if I'm feeling extra down that day and don't feel like doing anything, I tell myself just to do 15 minutes and I end up going for like 90. It always makes me feel better once I start going.
    Anonymous

• Try finding a mother and bany group to go to,
    Getting out of the house always works!
    Kurstyxx

Answer by Kurstyxx at 9:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I clean. The sense of accomplishment that I can actually see tends to boost me up a little.
    But I have OCD, so maybe that's why it works for me.
    A previous answer yielded good advice though, it can take the meds quite some time to really work. And not every pill will work for every person. Anti-depressants can require a lot of trial and error to find an effective treatment program.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 10:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Sing....or play flute....music allows me to get it out. I am bi polar and have been off all meds for 2 years!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• listen to call that explains why and what is best by calling 641-715-3800 pin # 35188 press # 6

and the site for real good alternative like Mood Lift  http://www.shaklee.net/thehealthyway/product/20625

but for mean while you need to try which medicine is good for you

Ilisten

Answer by Ilisten at 1:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2008