IF your husband has called you a bitch

how do you forgive? It's happened 2 times in my marriage with him. With my ex husband it was daily and I'm very sensitive to being called that because I do not disrespect my husband. I know some people have it much worse but I also know that many others have never had their husbands say that. If it's happened to you, how do you forgive and get over it? (yes I'm in therapy but it's hard--and we don't really have other problems, it's just that he called me a bitch because of something quite idiotic).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband says it be weekly. I just turn around and say "You made me into a bitch."
    We have tried counseling and the counselor told him to grow up. But he still continues to do it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• I didn't get over it. Of course, it was one in a long list of different names he called me or insults he threw at me, so it wasn't so much just that one I couldn't forget and get over, but more it was the overall attitude toward me.

Even so, frankly, I don't think that's something you should have to forgive and get over. It is disrespectful and rude, and there is no reason for him to talk to you that way. If he's upset with you, he should use his mind and his words to appropriately express that to you, not resort to calling you a bitch. Just as, as an example, you shouldn't resort to calling him an asshole. He should show you the same respect that you give to him, and if he can't do that, then it sounds to me that he's the one with the problem, not you.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• I do not talk back or call him names. I just don't play that game.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• First off he shouldn't be calling you out your name and B**** is nasty and I sure would tell him about himself and you don't need therapy he does. No matter how mad my Husband may get he never calls me names and I don't either,,,,mutual respect
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• I would tell him u wanna call me that I'll find something to call u. Men don't like to be called anything either, unless they want to argue. Its not fair and you are right to feel that way. Some women don't mind being called that or worse. My pet peave is when he used to cheat on me get drunk and accidently call me her name. So there are worse things I guess. Sometimes u either talk it out or fight it out or stubborn it out or forgive and forget just takes a decision. What are u willing to do or put up with? Just a thought. Hope it helped.
    heavenleeangel1

Answer by heavenleeangel1 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2011