Do people that commit suicide go to Heaven or Hell?

My Mother decided to end her life on April 1, 1998 and I was wondering if people that committed suicide went to Heaven or Hell. I like to think that God forgave her for what she did. I was just curious at what you all thought about it.

Country220

Asked by Country220 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• they are suppose to go to hell god chooses when you die not the other way around
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I never read the entire Bible but I was told it does not say that in there anywhere.
    Anonymous

• but it also says in the bible everyone gets to go in front of god and he will judge u
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I am sorry this happened my codolenses to you and your family.
    In the bible it says not to take your own life, but I am like you I like to believe that God does for give us in the end. No matter what we are going through in life. Take Care!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i dont belive god would punish someone for being ill as your mother ovbiously was
    i know alot of people say suicide = hell, but a loving god does not blame people for things beyond their controll
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 8:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I think they turn into ghosts JMO
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry for your loss.  As to your question - It depends who/what you believe. Catholics believe that murder is a cardinal sin that can only be forgiven by a priest - since you cannot commit suicide and then ask to be forgiven - you go to Hell. I found an interesting read on the topic... saying much like bi-polar mommy has - there are no guaranteed ways to end up in Hell. The Bible actually talks of people like King Saul (took his own life to avoid torture) and Sampson who both were considered godly and implied went to Heaven.

http://www.godrules.net/NeuroSemantics_Articals_BobBodenhamerandMichaelHall_Suicide.html

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• As I've said before, suicide is usually the result of depression, which is a form of mental illness, which is a disease. I doubt God sends those to hell that died as a result of a disease.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 9:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I do not believe God will punish someone for suffering with mental illness. He Understands us more than we understand ourselves.

I pray your Mother is now at peace.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• hell
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2008