At what age can a baby fit in a size 1 shoe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• newborn to 0-3 months.
    Depends on the child. My 3 yr old has always had big feet he wears size 9 now just like his almost 4 yr old sister
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• that depends on the baby and how big and fast it is growing but usually within the second or third month.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 4:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• If you go to stride rite, payless, or any shoe store they will measure your baby's foot. Age is just a guideline depending on how large your child is. My son is 4 and wears a size 11 shoe, but I know other 4 year olds that wear smaller or larger.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• It depends on the child, but I wouldn't reccomend buying shoes for an infant who can't walk. They don't need them and actually restrict foot growth. Socks and booties or barefoot is fine until they start walking. :)
    GlowWorm889

Answer by GlowWorm889 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• it really depends, my sons feet were too big for a size one at birth lol he never got to wear his shoes we got for him. He went directly into a size two
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• I think my son could fit a size 1 when he was around 2-3 months...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• Depends on the child.. like a poster above me said my son is 4 and in a 1.. people look at him and say wow such big feet he smiles proudly and says I got em from my momma. He doesn't know girls are meant to have small feet and I am not one to tell him other wise. My little newborn is wearing a size 2 at 7 weeks,
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 6:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• depends on the child, my sons 9 months old and he's in a 4/5
    Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 7:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2011

• Honestly? Whatever age their foot fits in it. Babies/kids feet sizes don't always go according to age. I used to pass down all my DDs clothes to a friend whose DD is over a year younger, and she never took the shoes because her DD was always ahead of mine in shoe sizes.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2011