do you kiss your kids on the mouth?

I find that a lot of tv shows the parents kiss the kids on the mouth and it creeps me out. Hello actors not related! Ew.
What is your opinon? My mom just taught me you dont kiss your parents on the lips.. I know other families are different.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• We do not. When our boys do allow us to kiss them, it's on the cheek. (they have challenges) We have two reasons for this....the spread of germs (trying to keep colds from going around and around and around the family. they get sick enough on their own, they don't need to keep spreading stuff amongst themselves) and we decided it would be easier if they just kissed everyone on the cheek rather than teaching them they cold kiss us on the lips but everyone else on the cheek.

Kissing your kids on the cheek is no less affectionate than kissing on the lips.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• yes, but my kids are 2 yrs and 5 mo. I don't think I would ever have a problem with kissing my kids on the lips, but if they are ever uncomfortable with it, obviously I would stop. I would assume that at some time in most kids lives, they would kind of grow out of it.
    UCMamaMandy

Answer by UCMamaMandy at 9:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I have never kissed my kids on the mouth, i just think its not healthy, i mean just the thought of it , no way and its just not right, that's why you get a boyfriend or hubby for.
    Anonymous

• I have my daughter kiss me on the cheek and other family members as well. Mouth to mouth kissing can spread disease.
    Anonymous

• well every mom is different and i do kiss my son on the lips i really dont see nothing wrong with it..
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i kiss my dd on the lips but she only 10 months if she was like umm 13 or something nope cheek
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My 8 year old, we kiss on the mouth, unless any of us are sick. Now the 15 year old, in his world, that's gross! We feel honored if he gives us a cheek! LOL
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Yah I kiss my little boy all over his cute little face and even sometimes his mouth. I'm sure when he gets older it will just be his cheek. Like the PP said I'd never do it if I was sick and I've never had cold sores or anything so he's fine.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i kiss all my kids on the mouth unless we are sick.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I don't remember kissing my parents on the lips after like 4 or 5 but I still do it with my kids. I'm always asking my 2yo for "kiss-kisses" and she is happy to oblige.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2008