• In the Spotlight:

Losing weight after having a baby...

Im due anyday now (hopefully) Iam 23years old and am 39w 5d with my first child and I used to be 5'7 160. I am now 5'7 208 :( I wanted to know from the people on this site if they have any diet/exercise tips on me trying to get myself physically fit again. I dream to work for FDNY as an EMT next year so being physically fit is a strong requirementto be hired.

are there idfferent exercises I would have to do if I were todeliver vaginally vs if i had a c section?

TastyPeach6969

Asked by TastyPeach6969 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Pilates
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• if you have a c-section it will be longer before you are capable of doing certain exercises... namely abdominals. Start off walking and doing light upper body weights and work your way to running and getting those crunches in. It will be several weeks before you can do this. You might also considering biking. I am going through this myself. I had a vaginal with my 1st pregnancy and was exercising at 3wks postpartum but had a c-secions with my daughter and was only able to walk at 3wks postpartum. My daughter is 3mos old now and I am running and doing most everythig normally. I still have a hard time with some ab exercises... it still burns where the scar is.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 2:11 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Well, I don't exercise much but I do use something that helps me eat less and eat better, I have lost weight with it and it's safe. PM me if you want to know more.
    SafeHabitForYou

Answer by SafeHabitForYou at 10:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Hi, I just had my first child 4 months ago and I'm 5'3 and was 105. I was 2 weeks early and weight went up to 160. Normal delivery and ALL WATER! I just started running after a month of giving birth and started to shed the weight and still trying to get back to that original weight and trying to lose the pouch. Starting yoga next month..hopefully that will help too!
    maudesty

Answer by maudesty at 12:48 AM on Dec. 25, 2008