Is this wrong?

I thought about this half way through putting together Christmas cards....
Our last name is Day. Well, all but my daughter. I had been writing "Love the Day family" on the cards and in my mind was including my daughter but then it hit me... she has a different last name. So I then started writing "Love Luis, Amber, Lillie and Gabriel" to include her. Was it wrong to write "Day family?" Was I excluding her from the family. Its been killing me. I always consider her a Day because her bio dad is not involved. I guess saying it outloud makes it seem like a dumb question, but I feel bad.

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 9:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Holidays

• dont feel bad at all u werent excluding her u just didnt think about it before signing the cards. your daughter as far as u and everyone else in your family is concerned is a day child. that is all that matters.
    mommacj13108

Answer by mommacj13108 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I don't think so. I think you are including her in this family and that is a wonderful thing. She is part of your family after all. The family last name can be different, just make sure she knows she is included in that family.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• its ok i mean you were still thinking of her and just figure she had your last name but atleast u thought of it imagine it you would of mailed them then remembered
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Regardless of her name she is still part of your family.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Im sure she wont mind hon ;o)

she is part of your family no matter what her last name is,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2008