Should I beware of my ex's wife? All the sudden now they want my daught in their life?

But she started the process NOT the father?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• When my dad remarried my mother very dramaticly villified my stepmother even though it was my mother who had divorced my dad and remarried first. It made things very difficult for my brother and I because we had to learn at a young age to edit what we talked about at home and to duck our heads when she went off on a tangent about my dad's wife. If my mother had been more closed-mouthed about her negative feelings and more open to our positive feelings it would have made for a better environment growing up. Remember that your child loves you SO much and that the more people who love her and perhaps bring something different to her table, the better off she will be. You want her to be comfortable enough with you that she can be excited about this new person in her life and not feel like you are hurt by that. Keep an eye on things and follow your instincts.
    happywith4kids

Answer by happywith4kids at 11:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Yeah, I wouldnt let my guard down.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 9:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• what do you mean they want your daughter? its his kid too!
    Anonymous

• I know Im thinking shes trying to keep her enemies close" so to speak" I dont know she told em she emailed me then emailed 12 times in 2 days. Then is calling,,,, wanna send x-mas stuff for her. Kinda weird,, I thought she hated me.
    Anonymous

• She might not like you but that has nothing to do with your EX's child she might just feel for her husband and maybe she has seen that he misses her?
    Anonymous

• I think that as long as your child feels safe and comfortable with the new wife it will be alright. You need to know that your child is being taken care of if he/she is away from you. So I think you should give her a chance and just see what happens.
    BBowMommy

Answer by BBowMommy at 10:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Does she have any children? I think maybe she is encouraging him to step up and be the father that he SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALL ALONG. She may have dreams of the two of them having children together in the future and wants him to start being a father to the child he already has, before she brings another child into the world only to end up with a "dead beat Dad." I think she really may have good intentions . . . of course, this could all be nonsense . . . but you never know. As another poster said . . . keep an eye out and follow your gut. Best wishes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Yes she has an older child ( not his) then 2 boys with him. I have a daug W/him and shes the youngest. I havent said anything neg at all. Shes been having her boys call also to talk to their lil sister. Im trying to just see what happens. Yes I agree the more ppl who love her is better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Maybe you should just ask her . I mean if she has a reason maybe she'll share it with you . But by all means cover your self always be aware of what is really going on . I think it is a little strange that it is her and not him doing all of this perhaps she just wants him to see that having a family with her and the other kids doesn't mean he has to miss out on his daughters life . One thing my grandad always told me was to walk softly and carry a big stick . If there reason really is harmless i don't see any harm in what they want . My ex barely makes time for his kids and they really miss him .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2008