a baby daddy

i had been dating this guy for about 5 months

i got with him like a week after my baby dad and i split

but he just dumped me the other day and told me all i was do was looking for is a baby daddy

and i started to think if i was really looking for a baby daddy

i would probably go of a guy who had money to support me

and not being going to school to get my degree as medical ass.

so i was kinda all like y do most guys think im just looking for a bay daddy

anyone got any input

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I have no idea why he would say that ?
    Wassybear

Answer by Wassybear at 9:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I do not think its a good idea to look for a man so that your child will have a father to take care of them. Its the responsibility of the child's father to care for his own child. If he thinks being a parent is a game he does not want to play, than its up to you to take care of your child. Once you are content with where you want to go with your life and feel you would like to have someone special in your life, than try and meet someone who will be for you, and also accept your child as is....

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• idk thats wierd
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• He was looking for an excuse to leave. Just be cautious not to let that idea into the next nams head. It probably wasnt you at all. Find a man with kids. He will understand better and know that is not why you are with him.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 9:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Well, at the risk of sounding sexist against my own gender, guys are paranoid about that because there are a lot of women who are looking for exactly that! Someone to pick up the pieces of their bad choices in life. Obviously, you are trying to make a better life for yourself and your baby and don't deserve that suspicion, but I'm sure you've known women like that.

Anonymous

• It was really really quick after leaving your baby's daddy. did he know that he came only a week later? because if he did i could see where he got the idea that you looking for someone to step in and fill that new void
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• no he did not
    he never asked so i never told
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i am pregnant with my ex's baby we broke up and then i found out i was pregnant. its been a strange situation but he thinks that the only reason i want him at doctors appt. and for the birthing classes is because i want him back... well i dont want him back but i do want him in his childs life. i think guys will believe what ever they want and it has nothing to do with you. if he wont be with you because you have a kid he is not the one for you babe. guys gets scared easy is all. i doubt it had anything to do with you! good luck
    Anonymous

• I think it sounds like a lame excuse for someone who just realized what it would be like to date someone who has responsibility.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I don't want to come off sounding like I was looking for a father for my daughter, but after I had my little girl and I was alone, it certainly changed the type of man I was interested in. What kind of mother would you be if you didn't take into consideration how a man will behave with your child. You want someone who wants children and isn't put off by it. I knew my daughter wouldn't have her biological father in her life, and I wouldn't have stayed with someone I couldn't see in a father role down the road. That's not to say I was out scouting a man to support us and rush me to the altar. I was fortunate enough to have my high school sweetheart come back into the picture when my daughter was 6 months old and he has been a fantastic father to her and the only man she has ever known.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2008