What can i take for a bad cough? Im miserable!!!!

My doctor said it was Sinusitus and would'nt go away til after i deliver. Now i have a cough im thinking i have a cold now along with the sinusitus! He did give me a 5 day treatment that didnt work.... Is there anything i can do to stop coughing???

rnae

Asked by rnae at 9:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• For coughs I use honey. It coats the throat. Also drink hot liquids. Feel better mom!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Well...there is some robotussin DM,

I would ask the doctor first but my doc said i could take that but all drs are diff,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Try putting Vicks Vapor Rub on your feet and cover with socks. It sounds crazy but it works.
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 9:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Most doctors allow cough drops.. I know its not much :( Might help some.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I was told when I was pregnant that I could take PLAIN Tussin-- not DM or CF. I've heard of the Vicks thing. Couldn't hurt to try it!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Thanks ladies! im rubbing vicks on my feet right now (lol) got a Vaporizer going so something good is bound to come out of this. Oh i dont have any honey or cough drops
    rnae

Answer by rnae at 11:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i was told to take Benadryl for anything sinus related - as for the cough ... i currently have a bad one and i am using those cough drops that numb your throat Cepacol and TONS of decaff hot tea, and steam showers.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 12:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• you can take regular PLAIN robutissun no extra strenth or anything like that.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yep, regular Robitussin (NOT DM). Careful with the cough drops, there is an ingredient that isn't so good for pregnancy in them (licorice related), but it's okay in moderation.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:20 AM on Dec. 21, 2008