Would someone please give me some info, about flickr? I recently joined and have a pro account.

I 'D LIKE TO KNOW , IF I DOWNLOAD A PIC & HAVE IT FRAMED IS THAT LEAGAL? I 'D ALSO LIKE TO KNOW IF THE PIC IS FROM THE 1800'S CAN I USE IT HOWEVER I LIKE? I'm asking because i do alot of arts & crafts. I like to make tag's for gift,& etc. I'f you can give any other info in refernce to flickr ,it would be gladly appreciated. Any help would be gladly appreciated, Happy Holidays.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• That sounds like a copyright issue not a Flickr issue. Flickr is for hosting your own photos that you take. You aren't supposed to host copyrighted material. You should look up copyright laws.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• If it's your photo, you can do whatever you want with it.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It depends on who posted the photo and how they intend for it to be used. Check into copyright laws and that will answer your question.
    Anonymous

• Copyright laws are very important to many people on flickr. Check the laws, and check with each photographer. NEVER download a picture without doing those two things first. (CYA) Unfortunately, pictures can be stolen. It would be a shame if you were to use something you thought was appropriate and were then accused of stealing later... by doing the footwork first you can avoid much unpleasantness later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I'D REALLY LIKE TO THANKYOU LADIES, 4 TAKING THE TIME OUT TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS . YOUR HELP IS SINCERLY APPRECIATED.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 25, 2008