Prenatal Vitamins

I am about 13 weeks pregnant with twins and at my last appt. the doctor switched me from the OTC Prenatal One vitamins (great, by the way) to RX Prenate DHA. Was the switch really necessary and has anyone taken these prescription vitamins and could share your results?

L_Bass

Asked by L_Bass at 10:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I took the RX with the DHA and they made me really sick. I had to switch RXs several times and finally took flintstones.... Yea flintstones for children. I don't know why but all of them made me very sick. I also took a folic acid RX. Good luck.

jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 10:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• The DHA is for good brain development in babies
    Anonymous

• I would suggest finding an all natural prenatal vit. That's what I use. What's the point of a vitamin that has artificial flavors, colors, or even aspartame in it? Kind of cancels out the good, in my opinion.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• The addition of DHA at dose-effective levels has been shown to improve cognitive function in both term and preterm infants.
    because of the fact that you are carying twins - i am sure that they want your babies to get enough stimulants to help them develop since they are currently sharing everything that you are taking in.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 12:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yeah I never took any of them i had morning sickness relly bad so flintone weitamins might work those r what i had to take the others wouldnt stay down
    AariyanaElene

Answer by AariyanaElene at 1:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2008