Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mid 40's and it hurts when we have sex.

I have never had this problem. In the past few months, it hurts when we have sex. It burns. It is not an infection...I've had those. There are no other symptoms, I don't feel bad but when my husband is "in there" it hurts. It burns really bad. HELP!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Health

Answers (3)
  • Get astroglide lube and lube up. Also ask your gyn.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

  • See your Gyn. Get a full check up.

    Answer by Tetona at 10:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

  • As we age and our hormone levels adjust to our aging, it is common to get dry "down there", so that may be all it is and, as a pp said, you need to "lube up" to make it more comfortable for you. I would also suggest a gyne check-up if you haven't had one in the last year or so, just to be on the safe side.

    Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.