Selfish people?

Okay today my friend and I had a appointment there today right. So the guy first tells us just to stay in the car and wait until we can load. Well we kept seeing people leaving their cars and leaving with tons of gifts. So after about 30 or so min we got out and went in to sign in and they told us it was two gifts per child. I got what was said. But from what the guy helping me to my car apparently people were just grabbing hella stuff and some guy took a whole black garbage bag of dvd movies. So why are people so greedy. I mean I honestly didnt cheat cuz I know there are others who need help but damn some people are just not thinking of others. Has anyone ever gone through that? Would you say something to the other people. Toysfortots really didnt really pay attention about what others were taking. So what do you think?

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 10:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think they need to keep a better check on that sort of stuff......those extra things they are taking is denying another of things, probably a child.

I have always wondered how its determined if you qualify for Toys for Tots.....how do you get them? Just always wondered ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Well all I had to do is fill out a application online and then they call you with a confirmation number and then you pick what day and time to pick up gifts. They only ask for your ages of the kids and thats it.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 10:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• You dont have to have a certain level income or anything like that?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• this year we had ours at the national guard armory and the guards men took post so to speak...and watched who took what....we had problems with that in the past
    Anonymous

• where im at we had to be approved and to be aprroved you have to be on some state program like ADC food stamps or medical/ kids connection and bring in bill statements bank statements and proof of income name and SS# of everyone in the household
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Wow, I can't believe they just let people come in and take what they want! It seems like that would definately cause way too many problems! At ours, you have to qualify for it financially (basically prove you get some kind of assistance or show your income) and we bag up the toys for you. So there's no arguing over who got what, how many things, all that. I would say something to the people that are running it because that really isn't fair. Of course some people are going to be more selfish than others! But you should definately be proud of the fact that you are not one of those!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I don't know your situation or anything, but why do you have internet if you can't afford gifts for your children? I would have had my internet cut off for a few months and saved that which I would have been spending on that to get my children gifts. You knew that we were in an economic crisis since September. So, whos selfish?
    Anonymous

• Way to jump the gun, Anonymous 11:26.

Anyways...

I have a feeling a lot of those people are used to handouts and so they take and take and take with little regard of what's right, wrong, decent or proper. Unfortunately in that situation there wasn't much you could say unless one of those people was directly rude to you. We all come from different families and that sounds like proof of it.

You did the right thing by simply not acting like they were. It may have seemed to go unnoticed but someone did notice and thanked you inwardly for it.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 11:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I cant afford the internet its about to be turned off. My fiance hasnt worked for 3 weeks due to the weather and now our cable and internet will be canceled. Please dont get the wrong idea i couldnt afford gift for them so why be rude. Dont judge me cuz I have internet but honestly no for many much longer. Otherwise to the lady that was wondering no they only asked for medical coupons for the kids. And another note I have 5 kids soo its expenisve to buy gifts all our money that we had is about to be gone cuz we needed food. so should I let my kids starve and buy them gifts then?
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 11:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• You did the right thing, that is all that matters:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2008