are we banned from discussing homeschooling in answers?

two different threads today on this subject have disappeared. I thought this was a forum for adults, so why are we treated like children?

autodidact

Asked by autodidact at 10:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• Apparently! I was very frustrated by the removal of MY thread and wrote to CafeMom about it. It was a legitimate question--not sure why they didn't think so!

Someone probably got all upset about something and instead of growing up and acting like an adult, they "turned" me in, lol.

Did that other post get deleted too? I thought it was just a closed question.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I'm not sure what is going on with CM -- MarlyeGirl was deleted with no message or anything (according to her), a group I am in was warned despite it being a private group where we should be allowed to say what we want (we're all friends) What's going on here?
    Anonymous

• I missed the questions about homeschool........... tell me what it was all about please!!
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 11:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Is it possible that the questions were closed (a best answer was picked)? Closed questions don't show up anymore. I have seen a couple of times when people were complaining about censorship and it turned out that the OP had closed or deleted the question herself.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Censorship SUCKS, CM. knock it off.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:52 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• ladysylpher, someone posted a question that basically said "why homeschool these days? why not put your kids in school where they can meet kids and make friends?"

then that got deleted, and so did the one trying to continue the conversation. Funny, the question about PUBLIC schools is still up.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:57 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i was trying to answer one of the question when it got deleted, i was wondering what was up as well
    i dont think its fair that these questions are being censored, as you said, we ARE all adults, even though some of us dont act like it at times
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:31 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I am actually confused why, with all of the thread topics out there, how homeschooling is the one that is found offensive. Interesting. I think that is sad. My perception of the situation was that there was a discussion on whether homeschooling is a valid educational means for children. But I did see one or two responses that thought homeschooling for any child was rediculous. It seems so odd to me that the most mundane questions are turned into drama. When you post on the net then this is certainly something I have found to be the case. I wish there could be a drama free zone for legit questions and a good back and forth dialoug. But not to be I guess.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 2:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Oh, and one more thing. I had this weird PM from a mom who wanted to privately continue this thread on one of my responses. She thought my response was somehow directly aimed at her, it was not and it was clear it was not. But she went on and on in her message how she was concerned about one of my responses - it was sooo creepy and a little on the stalkerish side of life. You just never know who is at the other end of the computer. If anyone knows of a site that is a good discussion site without the drama - PM me.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 2:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I dont homeschool (although I would if I even had to take my kids out of the school my daugther currently goes to), but I think it was totally unfair that the question was removed. All the crap I see on CM every day...the meaness, the petty bickering and fighting...this does not sound like anything on that level and that stuff is allowed to go on here all the time. I dont get it.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 2:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2008