Pressure

34 1/2 wks preg. Having a lot of pressure in lower abdoman, and vaginal area. I feel as if I need to go to bathroom more frequently. I also feel like the baby may be down pretty low, and about to pop out. The tops of my legs hurt and the baby has been kind of lazy lately. Do you all think the baby's birth is close? I need to go a few more weeks, but this is getting miserable. I know I gotta suck it up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol well your baby could be trying to drop you know like getting in the head down position and everything... that puts a lot of pressure and pain in that area and it sucks soooo much i know lol make the dad give you a good massage and just relax... you have a couple more weeks to go and you should just try and get sleep and rest and don't be worried about the pressure or pain unless you leak blood or fluid or something.....
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Sounds normal. The baby's getting into position, and putting more pressure on your bladder and pelvis. Do you have an exercise ball? Try sitting on it and bouncing a little bit. Also try stretching what you can (easier said than done with a 34 week belly!). I know for me, my hips were KILLING me about that time, and I couldn't stay in the same position for very long. The ball was the best thing for me (same with labor). They're at sporting good stores for about $12. Hang in there!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2008