im 33 weeks pregnant and my stomach isnt really getting to hard? im confused because i thought everyones stomach got rock hard! is there something wrong with me?!?!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Your stomach isn't supposed to get hard. It just looks that way because everything is so tight but you should be able to push in on your belly a little. Rock hard would probably be a bad thing.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• With my first I never really got a "hard" stomach. He liked to spread out and I had a "mushy belly" I liked to say. But he would roll his little behind up and push out, which was fun. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• you could be carrying your baby in your back or lower then other people... EVERYONE is DIFFERENT lol don't worry your normal and nothing is wrong .. if there was you would have been told already..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• A "hard" belly does generally come at a later time, but only because of the increased occurance of Braxton hicks contractions. A "hard" belly means nothing exceedingly different than a "mushy" one lol.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 11:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• the only time my stomach is hard is when the baby is leaning up against it -
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 12:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yeah my stomach is rarely hard either. My sisters will always touch my belly and be like "it's not hard!" lol what do you expect? Yeah it looks like it should be and it's tight, but still mushy-feeling and I am 37 wks. Of course when she spreads out and sticks her butt out, then it is tight on that part of my belly hehe
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Not necessarily. My stomach was stretched out, but not exactly hard. It will get hard when you have contractions, including BH, and every now and then, it will be hard for whatever reason, but in general, it likely won't be.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2008