Up to How many pounds can infant car seat and swing take?

She is now 12-13lbs. and I want to know when does she get into a bigger carseat? She is only 3months(on Christmas day), and also her swing doesn't swing very much any more, is it too slow b/c she is too big?

MorganMom92508

Asked by MorganMom92508 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your carseat should say on it how big they can be until they have outgrown it. 12-13 lbs she is far from out growing any infant seat. They are usually around 22-25 lbs.
    When she does outgrow it you will need a convertible carseat if she is younger than 1 year (even if she is older than a year it's best to get this kind)

As far as a swing... I can't find a weight limit on mine. We have a FisherPrice rain forest one. My son is over 18lbs and it works fine. Check the batterys... ours slows down if they need to be changed.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• from what I know of it is 20 lbs for both I know it is for the car seat and it should day so on the paper on the back of the seat. the swing I am not as sure.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• for the infant seat i have it 40 lbs 40 inches and rear facing only i have the seat from walmart with the hipoes on it all swings go to 20 lbs
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• You need to check the owner's manual for YOUR carseat and swing.

Some infant car seats go up to 23 pounds, some up to 30 pounds. If she reaches the max for your seat before she turns one, you will need to get a bigger infant car seat or a convertible car seat. Remember, she MUST face backwards until she is BOTH one year old and over 20 pounds.

The weight limits for swings really vary. If you don't have the manual anymore, contact the manufactuer or look on their website.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• amijanell i have the same swing it is up to 20 lbs
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 1:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Every model is different (even with the same company). The carseat may say right on it (look at all the warning labels). Do you still have the instruction manuals from them? You can even look online at the manufacturer's websites.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• mom to be 21, I want to know what the heck infant seat YOU have that RF to 40 lbs? If I am not mistaken, the highest RF limit in the US is 35 lbs.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 21, 2008