im almost 34 weeks and was wondering on average, how much does the baby usually weigh right now? I get an ultrasound on tuesday.. and i dont really feel like i have a 6 lb baby in me!!! confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol I think its like 4.5-5.5 but when you get a ultrasound you can ask for a estimated weight...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I don't know what the average weight is at 34 weeks, but remember that if they give you an estimate during an u/s... it is just an estimate and could be off. In fact it most likely will be off. The further along your u/s are the more off the dates and weights can be.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Your baby gains on average about half a pound every week from basically now until birth.Your baby, depending on how much they will weigh at birth, should be anywhere from 3-4.6 pounds.

--again, that's average--

The baby tends to gain weight rapidly right now, so take heart if your little lumpkin only weighs about 4 pounds.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 11:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Reflect, unfortunately you're incorrect. Ultrasound weights are actually about 89% accurate. There are some outliers, but ultrasound technology has come a long way even in the past 5 years! The measurements are done by a combined measurement of the baby's femur, skull and abdomen lengths, divided by the estimated weight of the baby.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 11:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• ultra sounds can be up to a pound off in either direction - but my doc said that at my 36 week appt the measured 5 lbs and 10 oz and that was average for 36 weeks - so that may give you a clue to how big baby is... although you should hope that your baby reaches 6lbs or more because thats healthy and any smaller than that could mean health problems for the baby...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 12:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2008