Simliac alimentum

Has neone had there kids on simliac alimentum?how did it work for yall?my lil girl has colic n this is her fifth formula they have had her on..i started out breastfeeding n didnt continue it was scared she wasnt gettin nough to eat now its my biggest regert n life i so feel like i let her down so much..but i was jus wonderin if ne other mother had there children on this formula.she seems to b doing great on it!other than diarahh but they say that is normal!

Brinkleysmommy1

Asked by Brinkleysmommy1 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our son was colicky from day one. Please don't feel like you let your daughter down, honey...I think kiddos like this really don't benefit from breastfeeding I mean, really, how many different ways can you modify your diet to create a perfect breastmilk for a baby who is having stomach problems? I breastfed for three months (my other three breastfed from 14-16 months). We tried a run of formulas and finally ended up on Alimentum. My son thrived on it; diarhea in th beginnig but he started sleeping through the night and was a happy little guy.

A couple of things to think about - our insurance covered the cost of the formula after our doctor wrote a letter (we picked it up monthly as a prescription).
    Our son was found to have severe food allergies - the colic was the beginning of it - he has outgrown all of them (he's 7).

Good luck and relax. You are a super mom and did the right thing.
    happywith4kids

Answer by happywith4kids at 11:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• For formula, I consider it in the top.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My son was on it. I tried to breastfeed when he was first born, but he wouldn't latch on, so I pumped until my milk dried up. We started giving him Similac Advance, but it gave my son horrible diarrhea for well over a month. (I told his Ped. that I thought he was allergic to the formula, but he thought for sure that it was something else. Like an idiot, I listened to him, and my son suffered. Turns out that I WAS right, and my son had a milk sensitivity.) After that, we switched him to Alimentum. We never had any trouble after that.

And... don't beat yourself up, mama. You did what you felt was best for your baby, and you said yourself that she is doing great. I kicked myself for months that my son didn't breastfeed longer than he had. But, you do what keeps your baby healthy, and you are awesome for it. : )
    Lennon_Molly

Answer by Lennon_Molly at 2:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• As long as the baby is drinking it thats great because that formula smells/tastes awfull its milk protiens are already digested making the taste and smell that way but its healthy alternative to breast feeding certainly. Curiosity did you try soy?
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yes they started her on good start,good start soy,simliac sensetive,similac rs,then this but i swear i think she has acid reflux..thinkin about makin her a doc app tomorrow so they can check..
    Brinkleysmommy1

Answer by Brinkleysmommy1 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• my dr had a test done on my daughter for it. they made her lay flat on her back and drink a bottle while they did an ultra sound of her stomache. she didnt have it :) make sure your giving the formulas a 3 day trial... allimentum is very expensive i would look into wic and i dont know how old your baby is but if she has diareah you might want to try giving her rice a couple times a day:)
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2008