also... EVERYTIME i go to the doctors my doctor says... "you still dont even look pregnant" i just want to say.. listen B**CH im pregnant, its not a mystery!!! she makes me nervous because I feel like the babys not growing or something.. i was 32 weeks at my last appt. and was measuring excatly 32 weeks.. i thought that was good! but.. i dont know what to think, she scares me!

dared2lovexx

Asked by dared2lovexx at 11:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Some people gain only a few pounds with pregnancy and others gain 100 pounds! I wouldn't worry about it. As long as your baby is measuring well then who cares what you look like on the outside. Be happy that you won't end up with as many stretch marks!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• ugh what a bitch.. My one of my girlfriends is pregnant and she is a tiny little thing and her dr. told her the same thing and I swore she was huge... just because the dr. says something doesn't mean they are telling the truth or even paying attention... my dr. is freaking nuts and like says something different every time she see's me... your baby is growing fine don't worry..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Take it as a compliment!!! At least she's not saying,"God woman you're as big as a house!! Try eating for two not twenty!" She'd tell you if your baby wasn't growing well :D Besides, 32cm is only 12 inches! Trust me, you're 100% fine, and she's probably just marveling at how great you look!
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 11:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i am sure she means it as a complement!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 12:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• OH she is trying to make you feel better! I gained eight pounds in one week with my first and got yelled at only to have them realize five minutes later that I had gotten swollen. They put me on bed rest and the doc made the nurse who started lecturing me apologize.
    With my second up until 6 months people swore I was making it up and then BAM! I went from wearing regular clothes to looking like I was about to give birth.
    She wants to you to feel cute which is nice.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I never got a big round stomach when I was pregnant with any of my kids (four of them). Don't know why, I went slightly wider but not much. Some people just carry differently, if they did the measurements an everything is fine, I wouldn't worry. The doctor will say that because most women do get the rounder stomach, ask her more questions if you are worried. I could wear a baggy sweatshirt at 9 mo and noone could tell I was pregnant
    janie-o

Answer by janie-o at 2:23 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I hated it when people said I didn't look pregnant, too! I am a big girl to begin with, so I REALLY wanted people to know that I was pregnant, not just fat! I know I wanted my belly to be an obviously pregnant one as soon as the test was positive! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:13 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i agree with music....I want to look pregnant! LOL. and I wasn't the skinniest person before, but I did lose 60 lbs on weight watchers before, so maybe they're used to seeing me "bigger" *sigh* I'm sure your baby's fine..we all look diff. prego! As far as the doctor goes, i'm sure he just said it without thinking, they're soo busy they dont take the time to know how each person feels about what they may say. sorry, i'm frustrated with docs right now--I waited for 1 hour for my last appointment then saw the dr. for 5 mins! good luck, and trust me--all is well!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 11:26 AM on Dec. 21, 2008