How do I get my 16 month old daughter out of my bed!

I Know I know! It is ALL my fault! I put her in bed with my husband & I when she was about 2 months old because she had acid reflux really bad and I was always afraid that she would choke and I wouldn't hear her. Now I can't get her to sleep in her own bed! My husband and I don't even get to sleep together because she will smack him and kick him in her sleep! PLEASE help!

Dillsboro

Asked by Dillsboro at 11:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Okay , so i no this is gross but my husband did this with his oldest son and it worked. His son would not get out of his bed for the longest time they (him and his ex) tried everything, then one day the were going to bed, and he ( my husband ) farted under the blankets and his son head was under the blankets, it stunk so bad that his so got out of bed said "Daddy ewww" and went to his room. To this day he still will not sleep in daddys bed. He is ten now and was around 2 when this happend. Well if this story dont help at least its a good laugh.lol
    sheismyangel

Answer by sheismyangel at 11:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• omg..that is a great story...and funny...hey....whatever works...lol
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• That is so funny! Don't think that it would work though, she don't care as long as she knows that I am there
    Dillsboro

Answer by Dillsboro at 12:46 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• my daughter was the same way. i slept on the day bed in her room with her when she was little becuase she had apnea and i was so scared!! but..what i did was start laying with her in her bed(she was in a toddler bed right at a year) at night for a week or so. then lay with her till she falls asleep. then go to laying with her for like 15 minutes and then sitting in a chair on the other side of the room till she falls asleep, you get my drift i'msure. that usually works. hope this helps!!!
    sabinam

Answer by sabinam at 7:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2008