What are the method to treat depression without drugs?

luvpets

Asked by luvpets at 11:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Health

• I use accupuncture. Seems to help:) I dont like drugs either!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My friend got helped with Omega Gaurd  3 a day B-complex  and Stress Relief
    to listen about depression call 1641 751 3800  pin # 35188 press # 6 it explains
    what causes depression and what to do and what to take
    the site for these products is http://www.shaklee.net/thehealthyway

Ilisten

Answer by Ilisten at 1:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• as cliche as it sounds... good diet and exercise. Make sure you are getting plenty of minerals. Also cosider your hormones as a source of depression... might think about your birth control etc. as possible causes for the depression. I didn't ever think of that and after years of misery one doc finally figured out that was my problem.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 2:03 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Good food, exercise, B vitamins, get some sunlight. Just to name a few.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I've suffered from depression for 20 years and I've tried everything. All of the above is great advice. Sunlight is especially helpful. But for me, cognitive behavior therapy was the most effective. It's the only form of talk therapy that is proven to be as effective as medication. It may sound scary but it's not. There are tons of books on it that are really helpful. It involves a lot of writing down how you feel and why you feel it. It's amazing how well it works. After seeing a CB therapist for 2 years, I can do these exercises in my mind and they really work.

If that's more than you're ready for, exercise and activity is a great way to go.

Ghostfacebreeda

Answer by Ghostfacebreeda at 3:29 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Treat for vitamin and nutritional deficiencies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Counseling, exercise, getting outside, getting social, accupuncture, good diet (high in saturated fats can literally depress you!), avoid alcohol and drugs... those are some bullet points
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2008