Why do I always feel thirsty?

I am hoping it is because I am dehydrated nothing else. But if you know something else please let me know. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Health

• u could be diabetic i was always staying thirsty and my dr said i could have diabities but i didnt they still dont know why im staying thirsty
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• When i get real thirsty its because im getting dehydrated or already are.
    tanishasweetie

Answer by tanishasweetie at 12:46 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• the best is to talk to a doctor
    Ilisten

Answer by Ilisten at 1:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I'm always thirty too and I've wondered if I might be diabetic, but I don't really have any of the other symptoms (except itching). I should probably get tested too.
    If you ever figure it out, let me know.
    Unless you're extremely active and sweating or in the hot sun, and haven't had anything to drink, you're probably not dehydrated. I've been told by both my Chinese doctor and my ob/gyn that we drink way more water than we need to in this culture. We're sort of needlessly obsessed with hydration. Drinking too much water can actually be bad for you. The whole 8 glasses a day rule was actually just an arbitrary amount made up by some doctor about 40 years ago and it caught on. I love water but I also believe in moderation. Too bad I'm always thirsty.
    Ghostfacebreeda

Answer by Ghostfacebreeda at 3:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I suggest going to the doctor. You could be diabetic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Dec. 21, 2008