i need some serious advice...

My son wont sleep with out me either holding him or him sleeping right next to him, i feel like i've tried everything, please help! hes almost five months old. and i dont even remember the last him my husband slept next to me...

havingaboy08

Asked by havingaboy08 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would start with nap time and work up to bed time....
    But I think you are just going to have to lay him down in his crib and try to soothe him... let him cry a little, but if he really gets upset pick him up and calm him down and then try again. Talk to him, sing, pat his tummy and rub his sweet face to try to get him relaxed and to sleep.
    Our little one didn't have the same problem, but it's what worked for us to get him to sleep in his crib without having to be rocked or nursed to sleep each time.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I had the same problem. I am still wheening her away from me. i will lay in my bed with her until she falls good and asleep then when i go to go to bed i pick her up as gently as i can and i lay her in her bed and but a pillow that i used beside her so it smells like me and its warm so she thinks its me and she stays asleep. so far its working but i have to make sure she is dead to the world before i pick her up or she will wake up as soon as i put her in the crib
    burtney0921

Answer by burtney0921 at 1:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I'm going through the same thing, My daughter is just 8 months, and we have done co sleeping since day one, with using her crib for naptimes. Now we are where she still gets up 2 to 3 times a night, and I'm exhausted,I wake at every movement n I have got to do something different. When I lay her down she panics and I can't handle to hear her cry that way. What do i do?
    CrissyDblA

Answer by CrissyDblA at 3:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It's going to take a few days but start putting him in his crib every time, you are going to have to let him cry it out.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2008