How much would you spend on your 17 yrs. old child?

Especially if you don't see her as often as you would like she is my DH daughter and I pretty much stay out of his way about his kids, but for her not to come over and visit as often as she should I wouldn't spend to much not to mention her b/day is Christmas eve and then Christmas Day so we just get two gifts and they are expensive gifts. If it was me I wouldn't go that far but it is his kid.
She lives with her mom. I don't like it but oh well!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• as much as u think u should dont let her mom or dad choosing how much u see her affect how much u spend on ur grandkid
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• She is not my grandchild...I am not sure I understood your anwser...sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I'm not sure I understand your question. I think that we often get caught up in the pursuit of materialism and holidayism. I don't participate in holidays and sometimes not birthdays. Instead, I opt to teach my children the values of saving, buying custom made or tailored clothes instead of designer, volunteering their time for a cause, and becoming a fully self-supporting and contributing member of society.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Okay, if I'm understanding this right, you think she doesn't visit as often as she should, so she should be snubbed at Christmas and not get anything or what she does get? Stone cold. It's his kid, let him do what he wants. You knew he he had a kid when you married him, why does it come as a surprise now that he wants to continue to buy her gifts.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• To the above poster she said she does stay out of it , uggh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• When I got married, I had 2 daughters(still do) and my husband doesn't consider them his step daughters, he says they are his daughters(good man). But, anyway, you say they are his daughters and he deals with kids stuff. Sounds like to me that she is stayiing away because of the feelings you have/don't have for her( I can see it) She probably feels unwelcome in her dads home and it shouldn't be that way.Since its "his kid" as you put it, just leave it alone and let him do what he wants with "his kid". I hope I read this completely wrong and that you do love her like she was your own child.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• For Ginger0104 I hate people like you the same old line (YOU KNEW HE HAD KIDS BEFORE YOU MET HIM...BLAH BLAH BLAH) that was not my questiion. Don't try to give advice when not ask. And no she is not getting cheated from her gifts I simple said how much should you spend on a child that does not visit as much. would you spend $500.00 for a child that does not show she wants to be with her dad. Is that so hard to absorb. But the way you answered this I don't believe you will ever understand.

This is for Kat122 I do welcome her with lots of love and she knows it her dad is a tad strict so I think that is why she doesn't visit much but she does come by.

And for the one that answered at 3:41am. Nicely put....:)
    Anonymous