how long

r u supposed to wait after having a baby to try for the next one. i just had a baby 4 weeks ago and am ready to try for another one.

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Health

• They usually suggest your body heal for about a year before trying for another. I think it's too soon to try. Your body just went through a major trama. I would wait.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• you have to give it a chance for your body
    take good care of you like supplements a good diet
    Ilisten

Answer by Ilisten at 1:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• go for it girl if you can afford it. many ppl get preggers weeks sometimes days after having the first
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• but i suggest that you also breastfeed as long as you can
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Um, I would wait till you body is well rested first before you put another bun in the oven
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i forgot to addd i had a csection do u have to wait any longer than a normal delivery
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yes you absolutely have to wait longer than a normal delivery. I had my Babies c-section the up down classic way. It is really great that you enjoyed the pregnancy and your little one so much you want another but with your c-section you will not be able to carry the baby with your being cut. it was a major surgical procedure. To get pregnant so soon would be very dangerous. For you and your baby. Also do you think it would be fair to the baby to have a sibling so soon? Give it some time and use the time to get to know this baby. I think You will be glad you waited.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 4:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I had a C-section 14 months ago. I was told by my doctor to wait at least 18-24 months. The longer you wait the better. If you try for another "bun" too soon you risk rupturing your uterus or other complications. Enjoy your little one. Let yourself heal. Enjoy "practicing" making your next little one. But WAIT. Talk to your OB to see how long they suggest you wait.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2008