BAD CHECK...@ walmart.

I had the money in the account when I wrote a check to walmart. But some other things come out that I thought had already cleared there for a bounced check @ walmart :( They did not try to re-deposit the check so I am going up there later to make it okay. My question is will I be able to write a check there again? I didnt mean to and im not avoiding the problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Aug. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• I wrote one bad check once at K-mart.. same situation as you. .I wasn't allowed to write a check there again.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:30 AM on Aug. 1, 2011

• :( ugh.. oh well.. it was really an accident but if Im not going to be able to write one there again im not in a hurry to make it right.. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2011

• It is surprising that the check was returned NSF because they are usually processed EFT (electronically), which is processed usually within 12 -24 hours. It will probably NOT allow you to write a check again (once burned they usually revoke writing priviledges) because the check itself is scanned and their system will probably NOT allow it to go thru the register.
    mamaholly1

Answer by mamaholly1 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 1, 2011

• Not to scare you, but when I worked at the Sheriffs Dept it was not uncommon at all for WalMart to try to deposit a check one time and if it didn't clear they would just take you to court. Which means there would be a bad check warrant out. If I were you, I would call Walmart and explain the situation to them and see what you can get worked out.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• oh god... well I will go up there tomorrow or call
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• Just wanted to update... I talked to the account manager she said all I have to do is go pay for the item. I asked if I would be able to write checks again and she said yes since I righted my wrong, and they didnt have to contact me. She said however there is a waiting period of 6 weeks. SO.. off to walmart I go in the morning. Thanks ladies for your anwsers. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2011

• Usually as long as you don't make a habit of it you are good. I worked customer service in a grocery store and legit we only had maybe 3 or 4 people who we were not allowed to accept check payments from. Mostly everyone else who wrote a bad check or two was given time to correct the issue. People who purposely check chase or write bad checks do not come forward like you did.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 9:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2011