Has anyone had or has ringworm?

I am afraid my 5 yr. old might have this I am going to take her to her pediatrician on Monday. I pray all goes well. She has small patches of hair loss on her head 3 little spots to be exact. flat smooth roundish shape. Help!

Do you think it is because I use hair products on her not made for kids, I use my hair products stuff on her it's the only thing that seems to work great on her hair.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Ringworm will actually look like a faint ring around the area. Absorbine junior is an antifungal that should help get rid of it. Also, most antifungal creams for athletes feet wil work. Be VERY careful to use small amounts, and not get it in her eyes, and don't use it on raw skin if she's scratched a lot.

Look up a picture and compare it on google.
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 12:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• yeah tinatin will work u can find it at any drug store
    AariyanaElene

Answer by AariyanaElene at 1:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• When a child has ringworm on the head you really should take them to the doctor if the OTC meds don't work. They have different ways of dealing with head ringworm and other body parts ringworm.It has nothing to do with hair products. If she is in school , there is a possibility that is where she picked it up. Its a fungus and children get it so easy. Also, when you touch her hair and around that area make sure you wash your hands and use somthing that will kill germs.It is contagious.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yes def. take her to the doctor. My grandson had it on his head and they treated with an oral medication and a cream for the spots.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I had ringworm on my hip when I was like 14, my mom took me to the doctor and he gave her some antibiotic cream, I had to put it on twice a day and within a week it was gone. Hope this helps..
    katandtysmom

Answer by katandtysmom at 10:35 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Ringworm is a fungus so an antifungal cream would work...but I'd get it checked out first. Ringworm is well in a ring shape with red bumps forming the ring. If you have pets...check them out they may have it.

Good luck .... I honestly don't think it has anything to do with adult hair care products..the only reason they make kids products is so you have to buy other brands and more stuff (well except for no tear formulas)
    Makieno

Answer by Makieno at 11:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• one way to tell if it is ring worm is put some iodine or betadine on a q-tip and put it on it,if it is ring worm the betadine absorbs into the ring and it shows up better.Betadine will also get rid of ringworm,it dries it out . then put an antibacterial cream on it
    mommais10

Answer by mommais10 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2008